Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First week of Holiday!

We are trying to get the kids in a routine while they are on holiday.  So every morning we are doing mini lessons with them and guess who gets to plan them!!  MEEE!  I am excited to finally be doing some teaching.  I found that a lot of the learning done here is rote memorization.  When I was asking the kids to give me the sound  a letter makes they couldnt, they just gave me a word.  Anyway it is interesting trying to use some of the stuff I have learned on them.  They are very eager to learn and love have class with Teacher Danielle so I love it!
We will be doing school work with them for a few hours every morning.  I am also working with one of the older girls who has trouble reading and writing.  Good stuff all around!

There is a lot of down time during holiday so we are taking small groups of kids up the street to get soda and treats.  They love one on one time.   As we were walking up the hill we saw Kilimanjaro!  It was a very clear day and I have been looking for it everyday and we finally saw it!! So exciting.

Last night we were introduced to Banana Beer.  I had 3 and definitely was feeling it.  They have a lot more alcohol in them than normal beers at home.  They were yummy though.

Heading out but will write more soon!  Just a little update!

No comments:

Post a Comment