Sunday, October 14, 2012

So you know how God is just hilarious sometimes.  The way he speaks to you and puts things in your life that you were just wondering about or questioning that day!!  Well Saturday morning my devotion was about having a desire or goal for the year.  I couldn't really think of anything specific.  I mean, yes I am living here and I have a new job and I work at that everyday, but I couldn't really think of one.  So anyway, the day goes by and I was talking to the roommies about Max's half marathon.  We got to talking about the one at Kilimanjaro and BAM, a goal for the year!  HELLLOOO MCFLY! hahaha  I was like God, you are so funny.  I actually think HE wants me to train for this.  It is going to be crazy hard for me but another reason to depend on HIM.  So Silly that God of ours.  

Max Zietz, thank you for the inspiration!  You are my hero :)  The race is not until March 3 so I have lots of time to train.  This is definitely something I never considered doing.  I actually thought people who ran 1/2 marathons and marathons were a bit crazy!  I just never saw the appeal.  My roommate Rose and I are going to tackle this.  Maybe we can round up some other peeps to join in running for 2 hours....Woohoo!!  

http://www.kilimanjaromarathon.com

Check it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment