Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mr. Cockroach


So after a long week I go home, make some tea, and am reading to go relax for a little bit.  Well someone had different plans for me, and that someone is Mr. Cockroach.  I have heard of cockroach siting’s but luckily I hadn’t had one, until NOW!  I am walking to my room, down a long hallway, my room is the last one at then end of the hallway, and all of a sudden a GINORMOUS cockroach jumps at me!  Actually, I saw it from down the hall.  Anyway, it was big, the size of a small mouse, AND it has wings!!  I was so grossed out!  I followed it as it scurried down the hall, climbing up walls and onto my roommate’s door.  As I see Mr. Cockroach chilling on my roommate’s door I start to realize that my door is OPEN!  Now it was decision time, do I run past the cockroach and maybe it will jump at me or do I let him make his way down to my room and into my bedroom…?  I decided to go Mission Impossible-esc down the hall.  I jumped and dodged and crawled and did an amazing spin move, finally I made it to my room and closed the door, where I was met by a little gecko, but he was cute.  Back to the roach!  So now I had to Mission Impossible my butt back to the other end of the hall.  In 2 seconds flat I had made it back.  Now it was a waiting game…  tick tock tick tock.  The roach climbed down from my roommate’s door and was back on the move.  He tried to get out of one of the doors but unfortunately it was closed.  He then made a move towards the kitchen opening where I was standing.  I relocated and watched as he went into the closet.  I kept looking for our gardener so I could call him in to destroy this creature but no luck.  Then my prayers had been answered! Out of her stepped my hero, Rose!  I think I scared her when I yelled her name before she even got out of her room, but she so bravely went into the closet and stepped on Mr. Cockroach.  I went to get her a bag to clean it up and all of sudden, HE STARTED MOVING AGAIN!   I freaked and ran onto a chair!  Rose was determined.  I think she may have tried a few more times to squish him.  Finally, a large running shoe did the trick.  Mr. Cockroaches’ life came to an end.  Thank the Lord!   Now I feel like there are bugs crawling on me, I kind of want to throw up because it was huge and gross, but I am so thankful for Rose.  She Rocks!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment